When new 130,000 ton Carnival Magic debuts in 2011, the new ship will have some features never before seen on a Carnival ship.
“The Carnival Magic is packed with opportunities to share exhilarating fun, celebratory toasts and fine dining, extraordinary entertainment and blissful relaxation,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival’s president and CEO. “This ship offers a truly one-of-a-kind vacation environment with spaces and features designed to provide exceptional experiences that will create magical memories to last a lifetime.”
Features on the new ship include:
- RedFrog Pub – offering a laid-back Caribbean vibe with island-inspired snacks and drinks, including ThirstyFrog Red, a private-label draught beer brewed especially for Carnival Magic. RedFrog Pub will also offer tastings of top-rated rums of the Caribbean and a collection of the regional beers.
- Cucina del Capitano (“The Captain’s Kitchen”) — Honoring Carnival’s rich Italian lineage (all of the line’s captains are Italian and many Carnival ships, including Carnival Magic, are built in Italy) Cucina del Capitano is a delicious dinner-time option with made-to-order Italian favorites in comfortable, relaxed surroundings. No charge for this during the day when the space is used for a made-to-order pasta bar. At night a surcharge will apply.
- SportsSquare – Taking Carnival’s popular outdoor recreation areas to an entirely new level is SportsSquare, which features the cruise industry’s first ropes course where guests can traverse across nets suspended above Spa Deck 12 and offering spectacular views to the sea nearly 150 feet below.
- Expansive Family-Friendly Spaces – more than 19,000 square feet of space catering to kids and families, including dedicated spaces for children (Camp Carnival), ‘tweens (Circle “C”) and teens (Club O2), with organized activities and counselors for each group.
- Serenity – a popular adult-only area on existing ships, Serenity offers comfortable chaise lounges and chairs, hammocks, colorful umbrellas and two whirlpools, along with full bar service.
- Cloud 9 Spa – Guests in the mood for a workout or some personal pampering can visit this stunning and sophisticated facility. At the Cloud 9 Spa, troubles melt away as guests soak in the soothing thalassotherapy pool, unwind in the elaborate thermal suite or just take in the elegant, serene surroundings.
- Stateroom Innovations – With 1,845 staterooms, Carnival Magic offers a wide array of accommodation types, including two-bathroom/five-berth cabins and connecting staterooms, cove balcony cabins closer to the water line; and spa staterooms providing special access and benefits.
- Carnival’s Seaside Theatre - This 270-square-foot LED screen and poolside seating is the perfect spot for guests to sit back, relax and watch classic and first-run movies, sporting events, news, concerts and other programming, either during the day or night.
- Ocean Plaza – an indoor/outdoor cafe and live entertainment venue where guests can dance to live music and enjoy specialty coffees and sweets – even freshly made milkshakes. Full bar service, specializing in martinis and mojitos, is also available.
- The Lanai – Taking the traditional cruise-ship promenade to new heights, The Lanai is a half-mile, open-air promenade encircling Promenade Deck 5. Here, guests can stroll while enjoying spectacular ocean vistas, curl up with a good book, soak up some sun in a comfortable deck chair, or relax in one of four cantilevered whirlpools that extend out over the ship’s sides.
- Fun Hub – Available on any guests’ Internet-connected laptop or at dozens of convenient locations throughout the ship is the Fun Hub, a social network and comprehensive shipboard intranet portal that provides access to a variety of information on Carnival Magic’s services, facilities and daily activities. Carnival Magic will also offer bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and cell phone service.
Carnival Magic’s many unique innovations are highlighted in an interactive micro-site, www.carnivalmagic.com, which features a full-screen virtual tour, exclusive images and videos, construction footage and more. The site also contains details on a series of unique and exciting contests and promotions Carnival will offer for fun fans to add their personal touches on Carnival Magic leading up to the ship’s maiden voyage.
The 3,690-passenger Carnival Magic is scheduled to debut in Europe with a series of seven- to 12-day Mediterranean cruises operating May 1 – Oct. 16, 2011. Following a 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing, Carnival Magic will launch seven-day Caribbean service from Galveston, Texas, Nov. 14, 2011, becoming the port’s largest year-round cruise ship.