Royal Caribbean International’s Splendour of the Seas gets out of drydock on November 25, 2011. The new, updated Splendor of the Seas will have taken part in Royal Caribbean’s multi-ship enhancement and revitalization program. Designed to offer some of the most popular concepts first introduced on their Oasis-class ships, the program will double the dining options available to guests.
“As a result, guests sailing aboard Splendour of the Seas will now have a variety of restaurants, both fine-dining and casual, to choose from providing them with an exceptional and customizable vacation experience.” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International.
Among the concepts debuting onboard Splendour of the Seas, guests will find
- Boardwalk Dog House: Guests can choose from traditional hot dogs, wieners, brats, sausages and other delicious linked meats and a variety of toppings to split a long bun (open for lunch and dinner, complimentary).
- Chef’s Table:An exclusive experience co-hosted by the Executive Chef and Sommelier for an intimate wine pairing dinner of five courses (open for dinner, $95 cover charge).
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s signature steakhouse will be located adjacent to the Viking Crown Lounge and features a menu of prime cuts prepared a la minute (open for dinner, $30 cover charge).
- Izumi:Featuring mouthwatering flavors and a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking, the pan Asian cuisine restaurant is a no-hassle, authentic dining experience. Izumi will be located adjacent to the Viking Crown Lounge (open for lunch and dinner, $3.00 cover charge for lunch and $5.00 for dinner plus a la carte menu pricing).
- Park Café:An indoor/outdoor gourmet market featuring salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, complimentary).
- Viking Crown Lounge: The line’s signature space will feature a new menu of classic dishes such as jumbo shrimp cocktail or Kobe beef sliders, Asian inspired tempuras and soft shell crab and much more (a la carte pricing).
Guests eager to experience Royal Caribbean’s signature innovations will find additional new amenities on Splendour of the Seas including 124 new balconies, the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, a Diamond lounge, a Concierge Lounge and upgraded technology throughout. Upon completion of the refurbishments, Splendour of the Seas will sail a trans-Atlantic voyage on November 25 from Lisbon, Portugal to her seasonal homeport of Sao Paulo (Santos), Brazil. From there she will offer a variety of South American itineraries that take advantage of the summer season in Brazil.
- Splendour of the Seas checks in for Royal Advantage treatment (chriscruises.net)
- Cruise line inks deal for ship makeover (chriscruises.net)
- Cruise line enables coffee drinkers to cheat on their wives (chriscruises.net)
- Splendour of the Seas gets Royal Advantage (video) (chriscruises.net)
- Behind-the-scenes cruise ship tours becoming more popular (chriscruises.net)