We’re on board Carnival Liberty all this week reporting on the implementation of Carnival Cruise Line’s new Funship 2.0 initiative, a $500 million project that promised to transform the line’s onboard experience at no additional charge to guests, creating an overall superior travel value when announced in October.
Responding to complaints, encouraging guests to try for-a-fee dining options or simply trying to create additional value, Royal Caribbean International this week followed the lead of Carnival Cruise Lines Funship 2.0 initiative by announcing seven new dining packages for guests to enjoy the wide variety of specialty restaurants available onboard Oasis, Allure, Radiance and Splendour of the Seas.
“These packages offer our guests the chance to enjoy the unique variety of specialty dining options at a great value while onboard our globally acclaimed Oasis-class and newly revitalized ships,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International.
- The Central Park Dining Package, at $65 per guest, includes ‘Giovanni’s Table’ Italian Trattoria, ‘150 Central Park’ fine-dining restaurant and ‘Chops Grille’ steakhouse, all located in the ship’s Central Park neighborhood – a real outdoor park with plants, trees and relaxing open spaces.
- The Chef’s Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet ‘Chef’s Table’ and wine pairing, ‘150 Central Park’ and ‘Chops Grille’.
- The Choice Dining Package includes ‘Chops Grille’, ‘Giovanni’s Table’ and a choice of ‘Izumi’ Asian cuisine or ‘Solarium Bistro’ onboard Oasis of the Seas ($50 per guest) or ‘Samba Grill’ Brazilian steakhouse aboard Allure of the Seas ($55 per guest.)
“We’ve expanded some of the most successful concepts, including dining, that were introduced onboard the Oasis-class ships to the rest of our fleet” said Bauer. “This is part of the ongoing revitalizations of Royal Caribbean International’s fleet to ensure that we are delivering guests the most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries to compelling destinations and friendly and engaging service.”
Guests onboard Radiance of the Seas may choose from:
- The Radiance Dining Package, which includes ‘Chops Grille’, ‘Giovanni’s Table’, ‘Izumi’ and ‘Samba Grill’ for $70 per guest.
- The Radiance Chef’s Dining Package adds the ‘Chef’s Table’, offering an opportunity to experience every onboard specialty dining venue at $120 per guest.
Splendour of the Seas also offers a Chef’s Dining Package for $105 per guest, which includes the ‘Chef’s Table’, ‘Chops Grille’ and ‘Izumi’.
Additionally, guests can join special reservation-only parties onboard Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas with several options:
- Rita’s Fiesta in ‘Rita’s Cantina on Allure features the restaurant’s most popular dishes and up to three non-alcoholic beverages for a $10 cover charge per guest, or $20 for up to three alcoholic beverages.
- Surf’s Up Party in the Seafood Shack on Oasis of the Seas also features the restaurant’s most popular dishes and three non-alcoholic beverages for a cover charge of $15 per guest, or $25 per guest for up to three alcoholic beverages.
- The Prohibition Party has a 1920’s theme on Allure every fifth night in the ‘Jazz on 4’ lounge in Entertainment Place. Guests are invited to don their favorite 1920s outfit and step back in time. This event is only open to guests aged 21 and older and has a cover charge of $35 per guest, which includes alcoholic beverages.
Guests can take advantage of the new specialty dining packages, which range from $50 to $120 per guest, and save at least 25 per cent compared to the sum of the individual restaurants’ cover charges.