Carnival Cruise Lines announced today that it will increase capacity on its seven-day Southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan, as well as on its four- and five-day cruises from Miami, deploying newer, larger ships in both markets.
- Carnival Valor (arguably one of the best values in cruise vacations) will launch a five-port, seven-day schedule from San Juan beginning Feb. 10, 2013, becoming the newest and largest ship to operate year-round from that port, replacing Carnival Victory. A win for San Juan, increasing capacity nearly 10%.
- Carnival Victory (a personal three-time favorite) moves to Miami to assume the Carnival Destiny’s four- and five-day cruises beginning Feb. 4, 2013. Basically the same ship as Destiny but with an extra deck of cabins, sort of like how Caribbean Princess is very similar to Grand Princess, but with an extra deck of cabins.
- Carnival Destiny will offer a 16-day transatlantic crossing departing Miami Feb. 4 and arriving Civitavecchia (Rome) on Feb. 20, 2013. Details on the Carnival Destiny’s deployment following the trans-Atlantic crossing will be announced at a later date. This later announcement could be interesting, stay tuned.
Port-Intensive Week-Long Cruises from San Juan
Beginning Feb. 10, 2013, Carnival Valor will launch seven-day Southern Caribbean sailings from San Juan becoming the port’s newest and largest year-round ship. The itinerary features extended calls (a growing, popular trend) at five tropical islands – St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Bridgetown, Barbados; St. Lucia, West Indies; St. Kitts, West Indies; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.
Four- and Five-Day Voyages from Miami
Carnival Victory will become the newest and largest ship to offer year-round four- and five-day cruises from Miami featuring three distinctly different itineraries, providing consumers with a variety of convenient and affordable cruise options departing from one of America’s top tourist destinations.
- Four-day “long weekend” cruises departing Thursdays call at Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico
- Five-day cruises departing Mondays include stops at Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands; the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay; and Nassau, The Bahamas.
- Five-day voyages departing Saturdays feature George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
Special Voyages from Miami and San Juan (think “exotic”)
- Carnival Victory will also offer a one-of-a-kind eight-day cruise from San Juan to Miami departing Jan. 27, 2013, with stops at St. Thomas, Aruba, Curacao and Nassau
- Carnival Valor will feature a one-time seven-day cruise from Miami to San Juan departing on Feb. 3, 2013, visiting Grand Turk, Antigua, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.
- Carnival ships on the move (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival Legend to sail European itineraries in 2013 (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival makes big splash in Australia (chriscruises.net)
- Cruise Video: Carnival Liberty’s Blue Iguana Cantina (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival number one in New Orleans too (chriscruises.net)