Seabourn has unveiled a 2013 Europe season like no other, featuring more than 100 departures aboard its six ship fleet. Visiting many of Europe’s cities from April through October next year, the ships will sail to a variety of ports from the sun-blessed resorts on the Mediterranean coast to the shining polar ice pack in the Arctic Ocean.
“There is so much to see and experience in Europe, and we’re pleased to offer a diverse range of itineraries, featuring our hallmark mix of well-known marquee ports and hidden gems,” said John Delaney, Seabourn’s senior vice president of marketing and sales.
Seabourn’s award-winning ships will carry travelers to more than 180 ports on voyages ranging from seven to 21 days in length and offer a variety of new itineraries. The program will also feature overnight stays in many popular cities, such as St. Petersburg, Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Venice, Malta, Barcelona, Istanbul, Edinburgh and Dublin, allowing guests ample time to explore these magnificent destinations.
- Seabourn Legend will offer alternating 10-day Western Mediterranean voyages between Monte Carlo and Rome. These popular cruises highlight the best of the Italian and French Rivieras and will stop at yacht harbors and quintessential Mediterranean islands. The itineraries will also include the popular Marina day, where guests can take to the water and enjoy a variety of watersports right from the ship’s exclusive marina. The 10-day cruises can be combined for a 20-day vacation with different ports at extra savings. The ship will also operate four new seven-day cruise itineraries in the spring from Rome, Nice and Monte Carlo.
- Seabourn Quest will traverse the entire Mediterranean on a series of 10-day cruises from Barcelona, Athens and Monte Carlo, visiting a host of fascinating ports and cities. The voyages can be easily combined into longer voyages of up to 30 days without repeating ports of call, providing the ultimate Mediterranean cruise experience.
- Seabourn Spirit will visit the best of the Adriatic and Dalmatian coasts on alternating 10- and 11-day cruises from Venice. Guests will be able to explore the region’s picturesque villages and enjoy an onboard overnight in the romantic city of Venice at the end of each voyage.
- Seabourn Odyssey will explore the Greek Isles and Turkey on seven-day cruises alternating between Athens and Istanbul, and Venice and Athens. The ship will also operate three seven-day voyages to the Black Sea, featuring a full day and overnight onboard in Istanbul.
- Seabourn Sojourn will operate a series of seven-day Baltic cruises between Copenhagen and Stockholm and feature three days in the majestic city of St. Petersburg, a signature Seabourn offering. The ship will also operate a pair of cruises to the beautiful Norwegian fjords, as well as a 21-day cruise from Dover to Montreal, visiting quaint towns and ports in Ireland, Scotland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Greenland, Labrador, Newfoundland and Quebec.
- Seabourn Pride will offer longer Baltic cruises, with 12- and 14-day voyages that include overnight stays in St. Petersburg. The ship will also operate a new 21-day North Cape cruise, venturing into the Arctic Ocean, calling on Longyearbyen and Ny Aalesund in the dramatic Norwegian Spitsbergen islands and skirting the shining polar ice pack. In addition, Seabourn Pride will sail on a 15-day British Isles voyage round-trip London with overnight stays in Edinburgh (Leith) and Dublin.
“Our cruises offer the best of both worlds: explore many of Europe’s historical and cultural treasures from the incomparable elegance and ease of the world’s highest-rated cruise line,” added Delaney, and for good reason. Seabourn has won an impressive list of awards including these coveted titles:
- World’s Best Small-Ship Cruise Line -Travel + Leisure annual World’s Best Awards, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2007.
- Best Small-Ship Cruise Line- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, 2011, 2010 and 2008
- Gold List- Condé Nast Traveler for 18 consecutive years, 1994-2012
- Best Small Ships- 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll
- International Six Star Diamond Award- American Academy of Hospitality Sciences
- Best for Luxury: Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn & Seabourn Quest- 2011 Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks US & UK, two consecutive years
- Best Luxury Line- 2011 Porthole Cruise Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards, three consecutive years
- Best Luxury Cruise Line- 2011Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards Winner
We were on Seabourn Quest not long ago and published a number of articles chronicling the experience-
- Seabourn fleet dominates Conde Nast Traveler best list (chriscruises.net)
- A day in St Barts via Seabourn Quest (chriscruises.net)
- Major cruise line vs the Seabourn experience- part two (chriscruises.net)
- Seabourn cruise even includes thrill ride, no charge (chriscruises.net)
- A major cruise line fan’s guide to sailing Seabourn (chriscruises.net)
- The Seabourn Experience defined (chriscruises.net)
- Your cruise questions answered: The Seabourn difference (chriscruises.net)
- Seabourn: Cruising amplified (chriscruises.net)