Sailing today, Carnival Miracle launches year-round service from New York sailing three different eight-day itineraries, each visiting a diversity of tropical destinations throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas and Florida. On board, travelers will find some new programming
The Taste Bar is Carnival’s newest casual dining option, introduced today on Carnival Miracle with fleetwide implementation expected to be completed by summer 2013. The Taste Bar features complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by the newest and most popular “Fun Ship 2.0” dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery’s particular theme available for purchase for $5. Sample offerings may include:
- Roasted pork tacos with green chili salsa and aged cotija cheese, and chicken, avocado, and lime tortilla soup, inspired by the BlueIguana Cantina that debuted on Carnival Liberty, with a refreshing Blue’s Blue Margarita as the accompanying drink.
- Nonna’s meatballs and hand-whipped ricotta bruchetta, patterned after the family-style offerings at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant introduced on Carnival Magic, with the eatery’s house Chianti served from an oversized barrel on wheels.
- Fried malanga (sweet potatoes) filled with ginger-scented pork and lime aioli, and pepper pot soup with cilantro sour cream, similar to what is served at Carnival Magic’s RedFrog Pub, with a Rum Jumper as the suggested beverage.
- Grilled ham and provolone cheese melt on buttermilk brioche and cream of tomato soup, from the new Comfort Kitchen option debuting on Carnival Breeze, served with Lynchburg Lemonade.
- Short rib croquettes with chipotle aioli and guava and tomato relish, served with pumpkin bisque with sour cream, available with a Manhattan cocktail representing Carnival’s classic American steakhouses
The Taste Bar cuisine samples will be offered on a rotating basis from approximately 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on sea days and select port days. Location will vary by ship, with Carnival Miracle’s Taste Bar selections offered on Promenade Deck in a recently renovated venue that formerly housed the vessel’s sushi bar. Sushi will be one of the featured Taste Bar themes and sushi will also be offered at the Carnival Miracle’s poolside restaurant nightly during dinner service.
Take a look at some of the offerings
Also on Carnival Miracle, the debut of the Punchliner Comedy Club Presented by George Lopez, part of a recently announced partnership with the popular comedian who serves as the line’s “curator of comedy,” acting as a consultant on the vetting and hiring of both established and up-and-coming comedic talent.
The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez will offer five side-splitting 35-minute shows on multiple nights during each voyage, with at least two comedians performing each night. Two early-evening shows offer fun for the whole family while the later performances feature R-rated adults-only comedy.
Lopez has recorded a number of fun, light-hearted greetings that will be shown on Carnival Miracle’s in-cabin televisions and played during introductions of comedy club performances. New employee uniforms and signage, each bearing the distinctive The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez branding, have been created, as well.
Laughter, Pancakes and More Served at Punchliner Comedy Brunch offers up heaping servings of laughter along with a new twist on the traditional culinary feast.
Taking place on sea days in the main dining room, The Punchliner Comedy Brunch is a free dining option that features five- to six-minute performances each hour by hilarious comedians who entertain guests as they enjoy a variety of delicious mid-morning favorites prepared by Carnival’s master chefs.
Many items are inspired by Lopez’s Mexican heritage, including
- Carne y Huevos – filet mignon topped with two eggs and béarnaise sauce;
- Hen Alla Diavola, grilled chicken with lemon and pepper; and Mexican-style churros.
- Two special “George’s Recipes” dishes created by the comedian himself – his own take on Huevos Rancheros that features a chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and manchego cheese, and a breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, beans and chorizo – are also offered.
Appropriately enough, menu item descriptions have a comedic slant, as well, with playful interpretations of traditional brunch offerings that are listed under categories such as
- Opening Act with dishes that include Flamin’ Tomatoes Soup and Caesar Salad;
- Headliners featuring Funny French Toast, Pappardelle Pasta, and
- Mac & Cheese available with applewood smoked bacon, chicken or steak; and
- Punchline, a decadent dessert menu with caramelized cheesecake, banana crème pie and other confections.
- A variety of custom-made omelettes, as well as standards like Eggs Benedict and sides, are also available.
The menu also features a Bloody Mary Bar offering several variations of the traditional brunch-time favorite.
Starting today, Carnival Miracle kicks off its year-round schedule of eight-day Caribbean voyages from New York with three distinctly different eight-day itineraries are offered:
- Eastern Caribbean departures to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk;
- Bahamas sailings featuring stops at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau, and
- Bahamas/Florida cruises with port calls to Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau and Freeport.
Each of these itineraries offers beautiful beaches, excellent shopping and dining experiences, world-famous landmarks, historical sites and attractions, and myriad sightseeing and shore excursion opportunities, including snorkeling, scuba-diving, and water sports.
Carnival Splendor will assume Carnival Miracle’s year-round eight-day schedule from New York in March 2013 when Carnival Miracle repositions to the West Coast to operate the line’s Alaska, Hawaii and Mexican Riviera programs.
Did you catch that every single bite of this is included in the price of the cruise?
Photos- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Massive cruise ship bilboard dominates Times Square (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival ships on the move (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival Cruises Reposistions Ships in a Surprise Move (mikeyscruiseblog.com)
- Carnival Breeze First Ship to Offer All Fun Ship 2.0 Entertainment Features (examiner.com)
- Cruise line hits 40 and we look back (chriscruises.net)