When Carnival Cruise Lines new Carnival Breeze debuts in just a few days, on board will be a variety of entertainment features. Thrill 5-D Theater is one of them and one that brings up the question: “But what is 5-D?” Let’s break that down-
- A 3-D projection system is any method of mapping three-dimensional points to a two-dimensional plane, a motion picture that enhances the illusion of depth perception
- 4-D is a 3-D film with physical effects in the theater, which occur in synchronization with the film, like a mist of water as a boat on the screen goes under a waterfall.
- 5-D adds physical movement to the mix. The boat on the screen passes under the waterfall and hits a rock. You’ll feel that now.
Featuring films like Happy Feet 4-D Experience, Speed Racer 4-D Adventure or holiday favorite, The Polar Express 4-D Experience, this looks to be a winner. See for yourself-
Carnival Breeze will also present Hasbro, the game show. The onboard active game show where contestants play life size version of famous board games, from Sorry! Sliders! to Connect 4 Basketball. Team up with your friends and family to win great prizes, all in front of a live audience.
Hasbro, The Game Show is a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the popular Family Game Night television series produced by Hasbro Studios and seen on The Hub, a network for children and their families.
“There will be a full evening dedicated to the show and I have to say that it’s going to be a great night of fun and excitement. The sets are huge and the games really will be crowd pleasers for sure,” said Carnival’s senior cruises director John Heald.
Hasbro, The Game Show will put guests right in the middle of their favorite Hasbro games. Several main games are to be featured:
- Sorry! Sliders, which involves a giant shuffleboard court.
- Simon Flash, where two teams of four guests wear giant light-up color boxes and must shuffle themselves quickly to repeat a color sequence.
- Yahtzee Bowling, with a giant ball and larger-than-life-sized bowling pins.
- Operation SAM DUNK, which is set up like a skee-ball board where contestants try to get the balls into different slots on the “patient’s” body.
- Connect 4 BASKETBALL, which uses a basketball setup rather than the traditional checkers to play.