We always have an eye out for unusual itineraries, especially those that overnight in a port, what is becoming more popular all the time. Today we ran across some unique sailings where Disney Cruise Line® and Pixar Animation Studios are teaming up to offer a 7-night California Coast cruise experience unlike any other.
Sailing from Los Angeles, Disney Wonder first has a day at sea then overnights in San Francisco before another day at sea takes the magical ship to San Diego then on to refurbished Ensenada before ending back in Los Angeles.
The four magical voyages set sail from Los Angeles and will feature the following Pixar exclusives:
- Pixar Presentations and Sneak Peeks: Artists and filmmakers from Pixar Animation Studios will provide an inside look at the creative process used to develop an animated feature which includes a look at the making of Pixar’s newest release “Brave” and a sneak peek at footage of future Pixar films.
- The Art of Pixar: Storyboards, character sketches and other inspiring concept art used to design Pixar films will be on display in a special art exhibition at sea. This collection of art has only been seen outside of Pixar Animation Studios when displayed at leading art museums around the world.
- Pixar Film Fest: Guests will be able to enjoy the entire Pixar library of films while onboard, including a selection of delightful animated shorts. The voyages coincide with the theatrical premiere of “Finding Nemo 3D,” which Guests can enjoy at either of the two theatres equipped with state-of-the-art Dolby 3D projection systems.
- Pixar Character Encounters: For the first time, more than a dozen Pixar characters will meet with and greet guests throughout the cruise including Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear. There will be a special Pixar-themed dance parties and a host of other opportunities to reconnect with favorite Pixar pals.
- Special Gift: Sailing Guests will receive a commemorative lithograph created by Pixar artist and “Brave” co-director/screenwriter, Steve Purcell.
In addition, the California Coast itinerary lets you see iconic sights and explore popular stops in San Francisco, San Diego and wine country. Sailing dates this year are 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7.
Flickr photo by davidyuweb