This fall, Holland America Line is offering an extensive selection of cruises, ranging from a 7-night Mediterranean cruise to a grand 42-night trans-Atlantic journey, exploring ports of call from Turkey to the Canary Islands and across the Atlantic. The fall favorites feature port-intensive itineraries, increasingly popular overnight calls and plenty of time to explore on one of Holland America Line’s exciting shore excursions.
“Fall is a wonderful time of year to visit Europe because the temperatures are cooler and the summer crowds have diminished,” said Richard Meadows, executive vice president of sales, marketing and guest programs. “It is also an opportunity to enjoy an extended European holiday at a great value.”
We like that Holland America Line titles the sailings, making more of an event of it all, like travelers do. Regardless of if its the “graduation cruise”, the “25th Wedding Anniversary sailing” or “Summer 2012 Cruise”, everyone seems to have a name for their sailings. Here, Holland America has that taken care of, right up front. Let’s take a look:
- The Cultural Mosaic cruise on ms Ryndam embarks on three 11-day cruises to jewels in the Mediterranean, sailing roundtrip from Barcelona, visiting ports in Italy, Greece, Croatia and Montenegro.
- Ancient Discoveries on ms Ryndam has an itinerary that calls at ports in Spain, Italy, Tunisia, Malta and Monaco.
- The Canary Island Explorer itinerary sails west, calling at ports in Spain, Portugal, the Canary Islands and Morocco.
- Roman Empires on Noordam will follow two alternating 10-day roundtrip Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy, itineraries. visits the eastern Mediterranean with calls at ports in Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Italy.
- Mediterranean Enchantment sails the western Mediterranean and includes Monaco, Spain, Italy and North Africa.
- Mediterranean Romance and Mediterranean Tapestry on Holland America Line’s newest ship, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, sails alternating 12-night cruises between Barcelona and Venice, Italy. Both the itineraries call at differing ports in Italy, Croatia and Greece, with both featuring an overnight call at Venice.
- Spain and Portugal Explorer 14-night itinerary on ms Rotterdam calls at several ports throughout the two countries, with an added stop at Gibraltar.
- Moorish Empire cruise sails 17 nights on Rotterdam all the way to Civitavecchia (Rome) and back, with calls along the way in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Gibraltar.
- Canary Island Adventure is 17-nights on Rotterdam that calls at Canary Islands ports in Portugal, Spain, the Canary Islands and Morocco, exploring western Europe and the shores of Africa.
- Repositioning Cruises- Guests who truly love the thrill of sailing across the Atlantic and enjoy leisurely sea days will have the opportunity to take an ocean crossing on several of Holland America Line ships this fall, ranging from 13- to 42-nights.
For more information on Holland America Line fall Europe and Canary Islands cruises, consult a professional travel seller or visit Holland America Line online.
Flickr photo by Abe K