Seabourn Quest‘s 116-day World Quest departs Fort Lauderdale on January 6, 2013. Guests on board will be treated to ten exceptional experiences ashore, providing indelible memories of the places and ports of call along their way.
“A world cruise is a dream voyage for travelers,” noted Richard Meadows, Seabourn’s president. “Guests stepping aboard to sail around the world expect to return somehow changed by experiences they encounter along the way. I am certain that these exclusive events will be among many moments they will remember forever.”
Five of these are reserved strictly for those booked for the full world cruise, and the remaining five are also open to all guests sailing on that particular segment of the voyage.
Full World Cruise events include
- Privileged viewing of the Panama Canal‘s mighty Miraflores Locks operation;
- Exclusive “dinner in the sky” high above Sydney, Australia;
- Afternoon tea in the Members Enclosure at a Hong Kong horse-racing track;
- Desert sunset in the world’s highest restaurant at Dubai’s Burj Khalifa and
- Fabulous Turkish festival dinner in a romantic Aegean resort in Bodrum, Turkey.
The five experiences to which all guests are invited include
- Delicious “castaway” barbecue on a Polynesian motu off Bora Bora;
- Colorful, kaleidoscopic cultural festival on Bali;
- Private visit to the Prasart collection of antique Thai arts and crafts in Bangkok;
- Lively afternoon among elephants and floating markets at Phuket’s Village of Four Regions and
- Vivid performance of Croatian folk music and dance in Dubrovnik’s medieval Revelin Fortress.
These shoreside experiences will be supplemented by a stellar array of expert enrichment speakers, special guest entertainers, celebrity chef demonstrations and a wonderful series of gala parties and festivities on board throughout the voyage, ensuring that even travelers who are unable to take the whole voyage can enjoy the unique atmosphere of a true world cruise while on board.
Seabourn’s World Quest 2013 includes 49 ports of call in the South Pacific, Australia, Southeast Asia, India, Arabia and the Mediterranean, and ends in Venice on May 3, 2013. Ten overnight visits are also featured in marquis ports such as Hong Kong, Sydney, Bangkok, and Mumbai.
Introduced on June 20, 2011, Seabourn Quest is the third iteration of the sleek and widely admired design that has been hailed as “a game-changer for the luxury segment.” Seabourn Quest’s wealth of luxurious amenities and features make it the ideal ship for extended voyages such as a world cruise.
Rates for the full world cruise begin at $51,999 per person, based on double occupancy, including round trip air and a host of other complimentary amenities. For guests who cannot sail the entire voyage, shorter segments are available from 21 days, with rates starting at $10,799 per person including air, based on double occupancy.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.