There are a lot of web sites around with cruise information. The king daddy of all is probably CruiseCritic, with tens of thousands of members, ship reviews that even offers the ability to price cruises from a variety of sources, a great first step before contacting a travel agent for serious planning. USA Today brings the power of a major international publication to cruise information with Gene Sloan at the helm covering breaking news alike a blanket. But some smaller, lesser-known sites are making a big impact with unique content worth a look, if not a bookmark, free subscription and daily visits.
- Phil Reimer’s Ports and Bows is one of the more unique sites with thoughtful insight and unique articles that talk about interesting cruise topics not found elsewhere. A recent article on interporting, boarding passengers at ports other than the homeport, highlights Phil’s insight about the cruise industry and makes for good reading.
- Doug Parker’s Cruise Radio is another cruise-focused site that brings cruise content in a weekly Internet radio broadcast with co-host Matt Basford, covering current cruise topics with guests, cruise passengers and experts in a variety of fields chiming in with their qualified opinons. Recurring segments like Stewart Chiron, TV‘s the Cruise Guy and CEO of CruiseGuy.com add familiar voices to topics of interest to those that sail.
- Jim Walker’s Cruise Law News adds a sobering tone to what can be an industry that sometimes gets a bit wrapped up in itself, asking and answering tough questions about current maritime matters. First on the doorstep of cruise lines when things go wrong, Walker also does not hesitate to jump into the conversation when passengers have unreasonable demands.
These are just three of what we consider to be excellent choices for those looking for more good information from a variety of sources. See our other sources as well for more details. Also see each cruise line‘s individual web site for interesting blogs, information, photos and videos that exemplify their line’s experience, much like this one from Princess Cruises:
Flickr photo by Danard Vincente
- Getting Ready To Sail: Getting Social (chriscruises.net)
- Video: Cruise Safety And Security Facts series (chriscruises.net)
- CLIA steps up to defend cruise industry safety record (chriscruises.net)
- Carnival Inspiration carries on west coast cruise tradition (chriscruises.net)