Royal Caribbean International announced that the cruise line has won 15 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards for the year – 10 of which are Gold. Revitalized Radiance of the Seas, also known as the culinary cruise ship, was singly recognized with the Gold Magellan Award for Overall Contemporary Ship, while Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas won its second consecutive Gold for Eco-Friendly “Green” Cruise Ship. Royal Caribbean’s new brand campaign “The Sea is Calling. Answer it Royally.” also was recognized with Gold, as were the campaign’s TV commercial and print ad.
“We are much honored to be recognized again by Travel Weekly’s distinguished panel of industry experts and judges,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “We are particularly encouraged that revitalized Radiance of the Seas won Gold for Overall Contemporary Cruise Ship. Radiance of the Seas is a glowing example of our ongoing ship revitalizations to introduce some of the most popular Oasis-class amenities across the fleet and make every ship our best ship for vacationers to enjoy.”
Royal Caribbean’s Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Awards include:
- Radiance of the Seas- Overall – Contemporary Cruise Ship
- Oasis of the Seas- Overall – Eco-Friendly “Green” Cruise Ship
- The Sea is Calling- Advertising/Marketing Campaign
- The Sea is Calling- TV Commercial
- The Sea is Calling- Print Advertising
- Oasis’ 150 Central Park- Contemporary Cruise Ship – Restaurant Design
- DreamWorks Experience- Contemporary Cruise Ship – Entertainment
- Hairspray- Contemporary Ship – Entertainment
- Royal Promenade- Contemporary Ship – Atrium Desig
- Royal Loft Suites- Contemporary Ship – Suite Design
The cruise line’s Silver Magellan Awards include:
- Allure of the Seas- Overall – Contemporary Ship
- Sea Views- Overall – Blog
- Crown & Anchor Society- Overall – Loyalty Program
- Vitality at Sea Spa- Contemporary Ship – Spa Design
- Madagascar 3- Web Marketing/Advertising
The Magellan Awards is the premier award for the travel industry. From design to marketing to services, the Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honors the best in travel and salutes the outstanding travel professionals behind it all.
Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 22 innovative ships, calling on more than 270 destinations in 72 countries across six continents. The line also offers unique cruise tour land packages in Alaska, Canada, Dubai, Europe, and Australia and New Zealand.